What is SANGEA?
SANGEATM software is a tool designed to assist petroleum and natural gas companies with estimating, managing and reporting greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. It can also be used to track energy consumption and criteria pollutant emissions as well.
Redesigned in 2012 by Trinity Consultants/T3, SANGEA 4 includes these functionalities:
- Applies API Compendium 2009 for GHG emission calculation methods
- Incorporates U.S. EPA Mandatory Reporting Rule (MRR) Subparts C, P, W, and Y to comply with regulatory reporting requirements
- Stores source parameters and operating data through established procedures
- Calculates direct and indirect GHG emissions as well as criteria pollutants with embedded emission factors and equations
- Tracks energy consumption and normalizes emissions on a production basis (e.g., ton GHG/bbl of product)
- Reports GHG emissions to comply with regulatory requirements and/or to track corporate performance metrics
SANGEA gathers GHG emissions and energy usage data from exploration and production, gas processing, refining and marketing, petrochemicals, transportation, electricity consumption, manufacturing, coal mining, and other activities.
To purchase API's SANGEA 4, please complete the order form. You will be contacted via email regarding pricing terms and payment instructions.
American Petroleum Institute (API)
API Compendium 2009:
U.S Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
Resources for Subpart W:
Resources for Subpart C:
Resources for Subpart Y:
Resources for Subpart P: